Friday, December 19, 2014

winter bedroom retreat

In the winter months I crave creature comforts like flannel pajamas, hot cocoa, a blazing fire and cozy, comfortable bedding.  There is something especially wonderful about a warm and welcoming bedroom at the end of a cold winter day, and just by making a few bedding updates it's easy to turn your bedroom into a cozy winter retreat.  Little changes like pillows and a throw blanket can make such a huge difference!

winter bedding

In the winter months I like to dress my bed the way I dress myself, with lots of layers.  I also like to keep it interesting with a good mix of texture and pattern.  The name of the game for me is -- cozy, soft, warm -- so I gravitate towards cable knits, fleece and fur.  

winter bedroom updates

I love a little bit of whimsy in a master bedroom!  

winter bedding updates - velvet, fur & plaid

winter bedding updates - pom pom throw

The best part is, thanks to stores like TJ Maxx and HomeGoods you don't have to break the bank to give your bed a cozy, winter makeover.  

What creature comforts do you crave in the winter months? 

No comments:

Post a Comment