Friday, February 27, 2015

my new work space

At the beginning of the year I decided to create a work space for myself in our basement. I'd been working/blogging from a small desk that doubles as a nightstand in our master bedroom, but I was ready for a larger space. I wanted to create a space that was all my own where I could house my office, craft and gift wrapping supplies. I already showed you the simple chalkboard calendar I put together, how I organized my office and craft supplies as well as the chair I fell head over heels in love with. Today I'm showing you the whole space!

work/craft space

Since our basement is one big open space, I wanted to create a little visual separation. I used paint to create a little "room within a room".

creating a room within a room with paint

Painting this little area helped to make the space feel separate from the rest of the room, yet it all still flows thanks to the color scheme.

creating a work space

I love vintage suitcases for stackable, accessible, stylish concealed storage! I've got a ton of craft and gift wrapping supplies stored in these babies.

craft & offfice supplies stored in vintage suitcases

I'm really happy to finally have my very own work space! And I think it just goes to show that it's not about having extra rooms; it's about getting creative and maximizing space in the rooms you have.

craft/work space

Sources:
Desk and Chair - Target
Lamp - Marshalls
Horse Paint by Number - Feather Your Nest (local shop)
Baskets - Target
Galvanized Wall Organizer - Target
Vintage Suitcases - Street Scene (local shop)
Marble Vase - Adele (local shop)
Gold Frame - Hobby Lobby
Zebra Rug - Rugs USA
Chalkboard Panels - Home Depot


No comments:

Post a Comment