Monday, August 3, 2015

our new house - house #6

Hey friends! Sorry for the radio silence! The past few weeks have been crazy busy. We finally moved into our new home here in Charleston, SC (house number six). (Yes, we sold our fifth house - read all about it here.) Unfortunately our stuff (as in our beds!) hasn't arrived yet. The movers say they should be here today or tomorrow......so fingers crossed they deliver soon! I'm kind of over sleeping on an air mattress. #firstworldproblems At least we now have wifi. :)

Today I thought I'd give you a peek at the new digs exterior. I had planned to do a full empty house tour for the blog, but my camera battery died and my charger is packed.........and I've yet to find a store that sells a battery charger for my camera. Which is weird right? It's funny how you start out with an organized game plan and inevitably something unexpected throws you completely off your game. Oh well, that's what iPhones are for right? ;)

I'm still pinching myself that this dream of one day living in Charleston has actually become a reality! SO even with all the bumps we've encountered along the road I'm completely over the moon about our sixth house!

charleston green

I fell in love with the double front porch right from the start, and then the backyard (which I can't wait to show you! - I gave a sneak peek over on instagram) and the layout of the house sealed the deal for me. I wasn't initially crazy about the green color. There's a lot of green going on out front, but I'm thinking of painting the front door........or maybe even painting the house.........I don't know......still undecided. But I'm super excited to start the design process! I've got all kinds of ideas swirling around in my head, and I've already been to Lowe's and Sherwin Williams a couple of times. :) The plan is to get the kiddos rooms done first, and if you follow me on instagram you know I've already painted my boy's room. I can't wait to share more with you all! It feels good to be back to blogging (and doing house projects!) after such a long time away! I've missed you all!

I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by. Today I'm off to get my kids registered at their new schools. How can it already be that time of year again?! Hope you have a fantastic Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment