Friday, October 30, 2015

hairpin desk - look for less

Little girlfriend really, really wants a desk in her room. And it's not because her brother has one…..so she says. ;) She's an artsy type that loves to draw, and she wants her own creative space where she can also do homework. Her room is on the small side and is already pretty filled furniture wise with her great grandmother's hand-me-down bed, dresser and nightstand. So I've been looking for a small desk that won't take up too much visual space. Also being that her furniture is on the traditional side I'm leaning toward something a bit more modern looking.

Here's a peek at what we're starting with in her room. In case you can't tell, this room already totally matches her spunky personality.

leo comforter, quilt - HomeGoods, stripe pillows - similar, count your blessings pillow

I've long loved the look of a hairpin desk, and I think this simple look would be perfect in her room.

hairpin desk - via design sponge
Design Sponge

hairpin desk - via style me pretty
Style Me Pretty
So I all was all ready to snag this desk from World Market while it's currently on sale for 25% off………

hairpin desk  - World Market

until I found this one at Walmart for $60!

hairpin desk - Walmart
The dimensions are almost identical; and I kind of love the teal legs, although I could always spray paint them a different color. The Walmart desk actually comes in 2 other color ways, and I'm considering the oak and grey combo but that color is currently out of stock. So I need to make a decision at some point, but I can hardly believe this desk at Walmart sells for less than half the price of the World Market version?! Plus, free shipping! Crazy town!

I like the idea of pairing this desk with a louis style chair like this one.


I'm envisioning something like this. I think having a mirror over the desk will not only brighten her one window space, but it will also make her desk dual function as a vanity. Which will be great as she's getting older, since she has to share a bathroom with her brother.

tween girls desk space  - hairpin desk, louis chair,
mirror, chair, desk, lamp, paint - Sherwin Williams Charming Pink

I'm telling you all, from now on, before I buy anything I'm going to check Walmart online first. I'm so impressed with all the great stuff they sell via their website, and I'm over here scratching my head as to why they don't sell more of this great stuff in stores? Have any of y'all ever seen this desk in a store? They also sell a hairpin coffee table and tv stand, both of which look pretty great for the price.

Have a Happy Halloween weekend! My kids are so pumped! I'm off to run a Harry Potter photo booth at my girl's school today - happy Friday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment