Tuesday, January 27, 2015

office + craft supplies organization

I mentioned last week when I showed you my new chalkboard calendar that I've been working on setting up a work space for myself in our basement.  For the past few years I've been working at a desk which doubles as a nightstand in our master bedroom, but I've sort of outgrown that space.  My new work area will not only have a desk where I can blog, pay bills, write notes and thank yous, but it will also have all of my gift wrapping essentials.  I'm still planning to keep the majority of my craft supplies haul neatly stored in the guest room, but the items I use regularly will now be within arms reach of my desk! 

If you can't already tell from my supreme wordiness I'm pretty pumped about having my own "office" even if it is just a little space I'm carving out of our basement.  And as nerdy as it may sound nothing makes me giddier than a new organization project!  

office & craft supply organization

I heart pegboard in a major way.  You remember the pegboard headboard I made for my son's room?  If you follow me on instagram you know it's getting a makeover too.  Anyhow, to add on to my chalkboard calendar I painted this pegboard with chalkboard paint for a visually seamless look. 

I grabbed this wall organizer from Target to corral supplies.

galvanized wall organizer on pegboard for craft storage

I used alphabet stamps to label each section.  I tied gold leather ribbon around a couple of vases for more storage.

pegbaord craft supply storage

Last but not least I picked up a really small curtain rod and used the two pieces of the rod to organize my ribbon stash.  A wooden dowel would also get the job done, but I liked that this curtain rod was already black so I wouldn't need to paint it to match my board. 


Yes, I used rub 'n buff to change the blue ends of the pegboard hooks to gold.  I think the mix of silver and gold on the black pegboard makes this organization station a little more stylish and little less utilitarian.   

I'm loving this new setup and can't wait to finish it up and show you the whole new space!  Have you done any organizing this January?  

Pegboard Craft and Office Organization

No comments:

Post a Comment