Monday, January 5, 2015

top five posts of 2014

Well, I wasn't going to do a yearly round-up post this year because when reading them on other blogs I often feel like they're a bit redundant.  Then I realized all of you reading today may not have been around for all of 2014, so I decided a little jog down memory lane might be fun after all.  Here are the top 5 posts of 2014! 

1. I started the year with a big tiling project in the kids' bathroom.  This is probably one of the projects in my home that I'm most proud of because I had never tiled anything in my life before doing this!  

Our Fifth House - top posts of 2014 -  bathroom tile wall

2. After much trial and error I perfected my recipe for homemade crunchy kale chips and shared the recipe with you all.  To my surprise this has been one of the most popular posts on my blog!  Apparently y'all like kale just as much as I do!  

Our Fifth House - Tops 5 Posts of 2014 - Kale Chips

3. This past summer I finally revealed our screened-in deck.  Now that the holidays are over I'm officially ready for spring and summer so we can get back out there.  Is it just me?  I wish winter was like 4 weeks long...........wouldn't that be nice?! 

Our Fifth House - Top 5 Posts of 2014 - Screened Deck Reveal

4. I shared some really personal stuff in this post and your response just blew me away.


5. Last but not least I finally tackled our powder bathroom after almost four years of pretending it didn't exist. 

Our Fifth House - Top Posts of 2014 - Powder Bathroom Makeover

All in all 2014 was a great year, but I'm more than ready to see what 2015 will bring!  I wish I could say on the blog front that I was super organized and already had a calendar full of post ideas, but as per my usual random blogger self I'm just winging it and letting the creative winds blow me wherever they wish.  I do have a few different projects I'm working on this month and am excited to share the details soon.   And if there's one thing I really want to accomplish on the home front this year it's a laundry room makeover!  It so badly needs some love, so stay tuned for that!   

Cheers to 2015 and all the freshness of a new year!  Thanks to all of you who have been around for the ride and to those who are just now joining!  You all make blogging so worthwhile,
and I appreciate every single one of you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment