Sunday, November 1, 2015

DIY Cozy Winter Tablescape with At Home

This post brought to you by At Home. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Lovely Crafty Home.

Yes, yes, I know today is Halloween. This year, we’re not hosting a party or doing anything special, so I’ve opted to skip it, decor-wise. Instead, I’d like to jump a liiiiitttle bit forward (don’t worry, I’m not done with Thanksgiving yet).

I have partnered up with At Home to help you get some inspiration for….Christmas *ducks and covers*! Look, you know you’re already Pinning some ideas. I see you doing it! The internet is public, and you can’t hide your early Christmas plans from me. So let’s get on the train together then, shall we?

Now I hadn’t actually heard of the At Home stores before, but as soon as I saw the website, I knew I would love it. We have one pretty close to where I live, so I planned a pilgrimage with my friend Amy – someone who I knew would be just as excited to check it out :)

They call themselves “The home decor superstore,” and it definitely did not disappoint. When we pulled up, I couldn’t believe how huge it was.

As soon as you walk in, the epic-ness of the store really hits you. My eyes were darting around trying to take in all the glory. Right up front is the seasonal section – my mission for this trip. At Home Christmas Decor has a HUGE selection, basically categorized into 15 themes:

  • Seas & Greetings
  • Holiday Hoedown
  • Lavish and Luxe
  • Peppermint Jazz
  • Berry Platinum
  • Forest Fairy Tales
  • Crystal Chateau
  • Cherished Memories
  • Heaven and Earth
  • Midnight Plume
  • Regal Renaissance
  • Snowcapped Scene
  • Handcrafted from Around the World
  • Dem Darlings
  • Handcrafted

No matter what your decorating style, one or more of these themes will probably fit right in! I picked out several ornaments from the Snowcapped Scene and Forrest Fairy Tales collection (is anyone surprised by this?).

At Home literally has everything from ornaments and wrapping paper to outdoor decor – it’s pretty much a one-stop shop :)

They also have over 100 varieties of artificial Christmas Trees in so many different styles! I typically put up a real tree every year, but if I was going to choose an artificial one, I think this one would be the Tree for Me. But we’re not talking trees just yet!

In addition to the ornaments I snagged, I picked up some items to put together a wintery tablescape for you guys. This design is super simple and elegant enough for a Christmas dinner, yet neutral enough to use anytime throughout the season!

Confession: I may have ventured out of the seasonal section to grab two AMAZING lanterns (just $24.99/ea) to complete my vision for the table.

Aren’t they fantastic?? They’re perfect for my rustic table, and great to use year round. I love that they came with the battery operated candles already :) I also picked up this adorbs dish towel.

Between the lanterns, I laid trimmings from my cypress trees. They needed a haircut anyways! Some twine balls and pinecones from my stash along with my real-deal antler started to bring the look together (I actually really wanted these, but they were out of stock). I finished the “runner” with my silver candlesticks and creamy tapers (from At Home – lots of candles there at great prices!!). The salt and pepper shakers are owls, gotta love that functional decor!

The place setting itself is simple because I didn’t want it to compete with the centerpiece. That said, I still layered quite a bit of china. That’s just how I like to do it. What’s the point of having it if you don’t use it?!?

I brought out my chalkboard place cards for this rustic setting. I really love the texture they add to the table. And just for a little fun, I bought some jingle bell napkin rings from At Home. They jingle for real. Seriously, so awesome!!

A plain cotton napkin and a rosemary sprig makes for a festive place setting topper. I hung my pine cone garland from the chandelier because I’ve always wanted to do something like that. :)

Faux fur fabric cut into “pelts” hangs over the chairs as a final touch. I actually love these so much, I think I’ll leave them there all season. They really add a cozy feel to the whole table!

I have to say that for my first time in the At Home store, it was pretty amazing. You could definitely decorate your whole house for any and all seasons with goodies. I could have easily spent all day there. And, I was pleasantly surprised by how affordable everything was! You know the next best thing to DIY is reasonable prices. But really, with just a few new select purchases everything else came together from my stash or garden. I love when that happens!!

My suggestion would be to run to your nearest store and check it out! I left with tons of ideas and plans for future purchases :) I’ll definitely be going back. Have you ever been to At Home? Which At Home Christmas theme would you choose for your home?

Oh and P.S. Happy Halloween!!

Visit Sponsors Site

No comments:

Post a Comment