Thursday, November 5, 2015

{Round Up } 5 Thanksgiving Table Ideas to DIY This Year

After I shared my rustic and cozy winter tablescape with you, I couldn’t stop thinking about entertaining ideas! I kept seeing all these awesome magazine worthy photos of gorgeous tables online, so I wanted to round up a few to inspire you for Thanksgiving.

Sometimes when I see a jaw-dropping design, I psyche myself out – it was probably some professional shoot with an amazing designer…pretty much something I couldn’t duplicate, right? But a lot of times, if you look at the individual elements, you’ll see it’s really just a classic example of the whole being more than the sum of the parts. Once you dissect the components, you may be surprised at how easy to execute it really is.

One. Take this moody delight, for example.

{The Kitchn}

I love the contrast of the dark tablecloth and the white plates. Shiny marbled accent plates really add some interest. The centerpiece is a rustic gathering of edibles in a long wooden bread bowl. Napkins are simply folded in rings – no advanced skills needed there. White tapers and votives complete look. Now tell me, could you lay down a navy or black table cloth with your white dishes and take a stab at this swanky table? Absolutely! Everything right down the the amethyst place card holders could be done easily. You could put your own spin on it by using different rocks. If you have some statement plates, now is the time to bust them out! If not, estate sales and thrift shops are great places to find something on the cheap.

Two. How about something like this?

{Lemon Thistle}

Gather up all of your white candles and arrange them on top of a piece of brown paper for an uncluttered look that is so elegant. Some fresh greenery adds a pop of color. This is an example of one of my favorite decorating tricks – simple items in large quantities make a big impact. I’m definitely not artistic enough to pull off the hand drawn place settings by myself, but some printed images used as stencils would work! You could even print out fancy name tags onto some fun cardstock and glue them right onto the table “cloth.”

Three. This lodge-y table really speaks to my love of plaid.

{Holly Mathis Interiors}

This is one of those times when I kick myself for not having this idea – mismatched blanket or blanket scarves as table coverings! You could even just pick up a few pieces of flannel or fleece at the fabric store to execute this look. One large statement pumpkin surrounded by smaller ones and leaves just screams fall!

Four. Colored glass for MEGA pop!

{The Jungalow}

If you own any kind of colored glass – the holidays are the perfect time to use it. I love the way it’s paired here with neutrals of different patterns. This look would be perfect for someone who generally has white/off white pieces. It may be worth it to hunt down some vintage glass to use for special occasions. A simple burlap runner makes the perfect backdrop. Choose florals to match the hue of your glass for that WOW factor.

Five. The uber minimalist.

{Julie Blanner}

Simple and gorgeous, I love this super clean look with pops of orange (literally). While I love the wood table top underneath, you could also do this on top of a burlap or other neutral runner if you want something slightly more put together. Skip the place mats and layer your dishes, mixing patterns if you like.

Feel inspired? I’m definitely going to be incorporating some of these ideas into my Thanksgiving table this year! You can read about my past tables here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment