Wednesday, March 11, 2015

headboard options - guest bedroom

There's nothing like company coming to stay with you to get you motivated to spruce up your home. In the next few months we'll be hosting a number of out of town guests which has me itching to make a few guest bedroom updates that have been on my to-do list for quite some time.

guest bedroom

Years ago I diy'ed a headboard for this room using an old door and a million yards of manilla rope. Not really a million......but close enough. ;)

diy rope headboard

I've loved this look for many years, but I think I'm ready for a change. I still like the wall color and the overall design of the room, but for the past year or so I've been dreaming about an upholstered headboard for this space. I've thought about diy'ing one, and I've looked at a million different tutorials online. The thing is........am I even allowed to say this as a self-proclaimed diy blogger.........I'm just not into the idea of making another headboard for this room. For one thing I think I want something curvaceous, and I don't think I'm skilled enough to make that a reality. Though me attempting to make a curvy headboard on my own would probably make for some good reality television. They'd probably have to bleep out every other word. ;) Diy frustration is real. Ha! And the other thing is there are quite a few affordable options that have me thinking.....why even bother with a diy?

After spending countless hours online, I've narrowed it down to these three headboard options, all of which come in under $350 for a King Size!

tufted upholstered headboard

Option #1, a classic tufted upholstered headboard, would soften and brighten the room up a bit as well as add a little sophistication to the space.

Option #2, while very similar to option 1, has a more casual feel.


And Option #3, is a different look entirely. It would bring in a more modern vibe. I dig the nailhead trim, and I think with the straight lines this would make for a much easier diy......if I did decide to go that route.



But I'm torn. While I do love the nailhead trim, I'm definitely more in love with the curvier options. I like the idea of adding some feminine touches in this space.

So.......which option would you choose? Or do you think I should put my big girl diy pants on and own up to my self-proclaimed title? Or should I just keep the rope headboard I've already got going on in this room and let go of the upholstered headboard idea all together? What are your thoughts?

Does hosting company throw you a design curve ball too?

No comments:

Post a Comment