Saturday, March 14, 2015

saturday style - stripes, florals + bright details

I would say when it comes to fashion I dress to my mood. After a long winter when the weather finally starts to warm up I like happy prints and bright colors. Basically I match my clothing to how I'm feeling on the inside. So, if you're ever wondering what kind of mood I'm in...........just check the outfit. ;)

florals + bold stripes + bright details

I heart pattern mixing both in my home and on my person. Stripes and florals are such a happy combination!

black and white stripes + bright floral

I usually button the middle couple of buttons when I'm wearing a cardi over a button down, but when I've got on skinny jeans I prefer a looser looking top. Plus this floral shirt, a Target clearance find from years ago, deserves a spotlight. Nobody puts this baby in a corner. ;)

floral + stripes

I get that the colored socks and laces might be a little over the top for some, but I love fun details. It's those little details that really let your personal style shine through. When it comes to fashion, if you feel good in something, by all means you should wear it! That little pop of orange from the socks and the pink laces kept a smile on my face all day.........quite literally they put a spring in my step.
details - tassel necklace - colored socks and laces
All of these pieces are things I've had for years............except for this cute pink tassel necklace. The booties (an old Jcrew sale find) originally came with matching camel colored laces, but I have fun switching them out for colorful ones. It's amazing to me how $3 laces can give an old pair of shoes new life.

As I mentioned when I started this Saturday Style Series, these posts aren't intended to make you feel like you need to buy something. Hopefully they inspire you to try something new with the things you already have in your closet..........but, like girl, I totally get it if you just have to have that tassel necklace. She's 40% off (and also comes in aqua), so you totally deserve her. ;)

I linked up a few favorites if you are looking to add some fun florals and stripes to your wardrobe!




No comments:

Post a Comment