Monday, March 16, 2015

simple easter centerpiece

I don't do a lot of decorating for Easter however I do like to lighten things up and make a few tweaks for spring. That being said, since my kiddos are still young and appreciate a little holiday festiveness I added a little Easter decor to our breakfast room in the form of a table centerpiece and holiday banner.

easter centerpiece

This simple planter box I made a while back is still one of my favorite and most used diy projects. It's so easy to style for different looks. Back in December I replaced the succulents that were in there with poinsettias, but by the end of January they had run their course. I found this irish moss at Whole Foods and thought it would be great for spring and totally reminiscent of Easter basket grass.

simple easter decor

The felt banner was a $5 Target find. There's no way I could diy one for less plus I really love the gold stitched letters!


To dress up the plastic eggs I used fabric washi tape - simple, easy and fun.

easter egg centerpiece

Just a few holiday decorating touches go a long way to adding a festive vibe to your home. Do you decorate for Easter? Target has some really cute, inexpensive Easter decor items right now, but they seem to go pretty quickly. So run don't walk if you're interested. A little head's up - Michael's also has some super cute stuff for spring and summer.

Happiest of Mondays to you! It's going to be a great one here in Lexington, Kentucky. Today we're supposed to have temps in the 70's.........and it doesn't hurt that our CATS won the SEC Championship! WoOhOo.....bring on the Madness!




No comments:

Post a Comment