Saturday, March 28, 2015

saturday style - the case for sweatpants

Happy Saturday friends! I'm back with another edition of the Saturday Style Mix, and this time I'm making the case for sweatpants. So here's the thing, my day job is such that if I want to wear sweatpants to work everyday no one will be complaining to HR. Why? Because I'm the head of HR. I'm also the head of accounting, administration, the cafeteria and janitorial services. My weekdays include driving carpool, running one million errands, keeping a family of four well fed, maintaining a somewhat clean home, attempting to keep up with laundry (my nemesis) and in my down time I moonlight as a diy design blogger. So it's not unusual for me to drop the kids at school, run to the grocery, throw something in the crockpot and then bust out a nail gun, a hot glue gun or a power saw......depending on the current project I'm fitting into my schedule.

Because of my job duties I've become a major fan of these sweatpants. I've had them for over a year and they were out of stock online for awhile. Then they came back in stock, for like 2 days, and are once again out of stock! (insert sad face) I guess I'm not the only fan. While I wear the honk out of them around the house paired with a raggedy oversized t-shirt, when I'm out and about I dress them up a bit.

Here's three easy breezey pulled together looks sporting my oh-so-comfy sweatpants. (Put them on your radar and grab them when they come back in stock - you won't regret it!)

chambray + sweatpants
chambray shirt - heart sunnies - sweatpants - shoes (on sale)
military jacket + stripes + sweatpants
jacket - striped tee
denim jacket + sweatpants
denim jacket - tassel necklace - monogrammed converse
The Style Mix posts are about trying new things, mixing it up and playing around with what you already have in your closet. So what do you think? Yes to sweatpants........or oh, honey no.

No comments:

Post a Comment