Wednesday, March 18, 2015

spring mantel tweaking

Spring makes me want to lighten and brighten things up in my home. It's the time of year when I really go for that whole less is more look. I gave the mantel a fresh spring look without reinventing the wheel. I basically used the same set-up I had up here before with just a few little tweaks to give it a simple spring look.

equestrian spring mantel

You can go back and take a look at the Valentine mantel I threw together last month. You'll see that for this spring mantel all I really did was change White Beauty's scarf from a red winter plaid to a sheer light cream with pom poms. The only other change was to bring in some trophy cups. Since spring in Kentucky means derby and I clearly dig an equestrian look it just feels right to go ahead an get a little theme-y. ;)

equestrian spring mantel

A grouping of glass jars is such a simple way to let one inexpensive bunch of flowers really shine. Plus just by changing the flowers you have a whole new look.

equestrian spring mantel

equestrian spring mantel

Have you made any spring decorating changes in your home? A few little tweaks go a long way to bringing a breath of fresh air to your home.


No comments:

Post a Comment