Wednesday, April 1, 2015

a guest room sign-in book

Sometimes the little ideas I have swirling around in my head take the longest for me to put into action. Please tell me I'm not alone in that! For some strange reason the ideas that will only take about 5 to 10 minutes to bring to life somehow get put off for-ev-er. This is one of those ideas. I've literally wanted to do this since my hub and I got married......which was oh, just about 15 years ago!

So you know how at weddings there is typically a guest sign-in book of some kind? (At our wedding we had our guests sign the matte around our engagement photo.) I've always thought it would be fun to have a guest room sign-in book. A little notebook in our guest bedroom where we could invite overnight guests to leave a message with the date/s of their stay so we can always remember their visit.

guest room decor

And as predicted this took me all of five minutes to bring to fruition. I nabbed this notebook from Target a few months ago because I just loved the cover and knew the color would work well in our guest room. I used a sharpie to write our address on the front cover and then wrote a little note reminding guests to sign the book. My plan is to leave some chocolates in that little nest along with the notecard when we are hosting overnight guests.

fun idea for a guest bedroom - a guest room sign-in book

On the inside of the book I added a welcome to Lexington, Kentucky message as all of our overnight guests come from out of state.

fun idea for a guest bedroom - a guest room sign-in book

I'm so glad I finally got around to doing this! It's going to be so special to have a book of messages from friends and family that come to stay in our home!

fun idea for a guest bedroom - a guest room sign-in book

I just love hosting overnight guests in our home!

I'm so glad I finally put this idea into action........just wish I had done it 15 years ago because by now I would have 4 other books with different addresses. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment