Sunday, April 12, 2015

book club - the girl on the train

Hey friends and happy Sunday! As you know I'm in a blogger book club where we read and review one book a month. (You can scroll down on the left sidebar to see a list of the other books our club has read and reviewed.) March's book was The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

book blue review - The Girl on the Train


In case you can't tell from the photo styling above, I think this book would be a great beach read! It's a psychological mystery thriller that sucks you in right at the start and keeps you quickly turning the pages to the very end. Even if you figure out "who done it" before you reach the conclusion, you'll still want to hang on for the ride. It's a great story of how things are not always as they seem and how often what we picture someone's life to be like falls short of reality.

Rachel the main character, aka the girl on the train, is a total hot mess. She's been through some ups and downs but when the downs came she was never quite able to pull herself back up again. I'm not going to lie, I kind of wanted to tough love her and just smack her across the face. Girlfriend get your act together already! But while her mess is on fire, I did root for her the whole time. She's a lovable hot mess I guess. ;)

I'd definitely recommend this one and I have a sneaking suspicion we'll be seeing this one come to the big screen at some point. A suburban London setting just makes it that much more intriguing to this American girl, and the whole time I was reading I pictured Renee Zellweger as Rachel (probably because of Bridget Jones). Anyhow, if you've read this one I'd love to know who you would cast in these roles! Casting the characters of a story makes reading so much more enjoyable.....do you do that too?

Next month's book is Bright Side by Kim Holden. Feel free to read along with us!


Find out what the other book clubbers thought of The Girl on the Train. - Cassie, Kirby , Katie



No comments:

Post a Comment