Friday, May 22, 2015

Hosting 101: How I Prepare For Guests

It’s been a little while since we’ve visited the guest room, so I thought I would post a little update on what’s going on in there and a few changes that have been made!

Of course it goes without saying that I always put fresh linens on the bed. I recommend re-washing the bedding if it’s been awhile – even if it’s clean – just so it smells nice and fresh. I tend to like a lot of pillows on my bed, but make sure there is a place for your guests to stash the ones they don’t need.

Guest Room Bedding

One thing I saw pop up several times on Pinterest was the idea of leaving travel size items in the room that your guests may have forgotten. I’ve done this in the past -just on a small scale with maybe an extra toothbrush and some toothpaste in a side table drawer. So I decided to kick it up a notch and pick up a large glass jar from good ol’ Wally World and fill it with miniature goodies (I do love mini things, so actually picking them out was a thrill). I thought it would also be a good idea to leave some bottled water nearby, so I picked up a case and put half of the bottles next to the bed.

Guest Room Additions - Toiletries in a Glass Jar

And remember that giant $10 mirror score awhile back from a local thrift store? Well, it was too big for the entry way, but it fits perfectly over the low dresser in the guest room. Plus, it makes the space feel SO much bigger and brighter (yay for the power of mirrors!). The mirror came with a white paint job, and I haven’t decided if I want to repaint it yet.

Large Guest Room Mirror

Large Guest Room Mirror

One other nice touch is to make sure there is a place for your guests to lay their suitcase, either on a piece of furniture or a folding luggage rack. Because this room is a little on the small size, I opted for the luggage rack.

Add A Luggage Rack To Your Guest Room

I also make sure there is room in the closet (even though we do use some of it as storage) with hangers. Trust me, I know this part is hard. But, it’s becoming easier as I tackle our clutter!

And lastly, I whipped up a little craft so that our guests could tap into our WiFi without having to ask (password blocked out to protect our embarrassing network name).

WiFi Login Framed Art

I really like how everything is coming together in here! How do you like to host guests in your home? While I still have a few more projects in mind for this space, it’s certainly guest-ready anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment