Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Reader Favorites

How can it be the end of the year already?! Crazy right?! I love to take time for reflection at this time of year. As a blogger it's always so fun to see what posts resonated the most with you all. So without further ado, here are your favorite posts of 2015 based on pageviews and comments!

1. Favorite Post of the Year
Without question based on pageviews, your favorite post of the year was the post where I announced that we sold our Kentucky home.

2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House
photo by Sarah Grashel Photography
Followed closely by the full "before" house tour I gave you of our new house (#6) here in Charleston, SC.

2. Favorite Room Reveal
The work space I carved out for myself in a small area of the basement in our last home seemed to be the most popular "room reveal" of the year, even if it was just one small section of the room. And revisiting this post has me inspired and motivated to get to work on carving out an office space for myself somewhere in our new home.

2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House

3. Favorite Makeover
There were two posts that seemed to tie for your favorite makeover of the year and they were both outdoor makeovers. The first was the Louisville, KY backyard makeover where I partnered with Lowe's to give one sweet family a great outdoor entertaining space.

2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House

The next was our patio makeover with A&E Outdoor at our previous house, which was so timely as this outdoor entertaining space really helped to make our house show well while it was on the market.
2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House
4. Favorite DIY Project
The fireplace makeover with beadboard paneling and wood tiles was not only your favorite but my favorite diy of the year. This was one of those "to do before we list the house" projects, and it's one I'm sorry I waited so long to do. I only had a couple of months to enjoy it before we sold the house, but it definitely made for a great bang for the return buck as it totally made our basement shine.

2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House

5. Favorite Design Post
You all seemed to love when I shared my 10 favorite Etsy Artists, so I plan to share more of my decor sources and favorites in the coming year.
2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House
The simple no sew curtain panels in my living room were also a hit.

2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House

6. Favorite Organization Post
Surprisingly to me, the post where I shared my trick to an organized, streamlined closet was the most popular organization post of the year. I didn't expect for such a simple idea to be so well received.

2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House

7. Favorite Recipe
No fuss zucchini lasagna made the top of the list for the recipes I shared this year. And it's a great one to help you get back into a meal making routine after the holidays.

2015 Reader Favorite Posts at Our Fifth House

8. Favorite Personal Post
Every now again, like maybe just a few times a year, I share some real heartfelt stuff. It's never easy to share the real stuff, the hard stuff, the stuff that isn't "pinnable" or "pretty", but I've found that it is always worthwhile. As at the heart of sharing who you really are or how you've struggled you not only make it easier for others to share their real stories, but you help to lift up and encourage those that are struggling with similar issues. That being said, color this diy design blogger shocked, to find that this post about getting over body image issues and trying on bathing suits with confidence was not only a favorite of yours, but this picture was the most liked photo on my instagram?


I think it's because we're gosh darn tired of being sold unrealistic images of so-called perfection and we're all starving for something real. I think we need to see more real untouched women confidently rocking their bodies. Our daughters need to see that beauty comes in all shapes, colors, ages and sizes, but most importantly that inner beauty reigns supreme!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was fun to take a look back at the year. I think 2015 was my most favorite year of blogging yet. I was honored to have our previous home (our fifth house) featured in Better Home's & Gardens Refresh Magazine as well as in a local Lexington magazine, Tops in Lex. Cottages and Bungalows Magazine also included a project of mine in their Christmas issue. I know things like this wouldn't be happening at all if it weren't for you all and your amazing support of this little blog! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so looking forward to all that 2016 will bring!

Any big plans for New Year's Eve? I'll probably be in bed and asleep by 11:30 p.m. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment