Monday, December 14, 2015

cheater's calligraphy

Happy Sunday evening! I hope you all had a great fun-filled holiday weekend! We had a fun, yet relaxing weekend of christmas crafting, baking and movie watching. And I finally managed to address our Christmas cards and pop them in the mail. I mean, never mind that I ordered them right after Halloween. #procrastinatormuch

Truth be told, sending cards is my favorite of all the traditions. I just love me some good old fashioned snail mail, and I big time love sending cards as much as I enjoy receiving them. I've long wanted to learn calligraphy just so I could beautifully address my Christmas cards, but I never seem to find the time. So in a last minute attempt at sprucing up my handwriting before addressing my cards this year, I decided to google "hand lettering tutorial" just to see if I could find some simple and quick tips. And I stumbled upon the simplest, easiest tutorial for "cheater's calligraphy". I mean this tutorial is so simple to follow that my kids, ages 9 and 11, were doing it as well!

My hand addressed cards have never looked so great! I mean, my handwriting is pretty pitiful usually.

Cheaters Calligraphy - great for hand addressing Christmas cards

I wanted to share this with you all in case you haven't sent out your cards yet, as it's seriously so easy and really does make your handwriting look so much prettier! I'm kind of kicking myself for not learning this little trick sooner. And now, I've got the hand lettering bug and really want to learn more techniques. Penmanship is such a lost art. My grandpa's writing was so so beautiful! The Postman's Knock has so many great tutorials, I got lost on her site for hours! And I'm looking forward to learning more.

No comments:

Post a Comment