Sunday, September 6, 2015

Better Mattress, Better Sleep!

This post brought to you by Serta. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Lovely Crafty Home.

I’m not one of those people that generally gets involved in hype about products, but sometimes you find one that really impacts your quality of life. That has definitely been the case since we got our Serta® Perfect Sleeper

Of course I wanted to believe that a new mattress would help my long time sleep problems. But whether it actually would was a different story. I was super eager to get my mattress and try it out!

Just to review, the Serta® Perfect Sleeper collection targets 5 common sleep problems all of which I deal with. It’s the only official mattress of the National Sleep Foundation to target these issues:

  • Tossing/Turning
  • Lack of Support
  • Back Pain
  • Sleeping Hot
  • Partner Movement and Sagging/Rolling Off

I’ve had my Plush Memory Foam mattress now for a little over a month, and I can honestly say it has helped with all of those issues at least a little and some of them A LOT.

This bed is like laying on a supportive cloud. It’s both soft and firm. Something you want to melt into. I would imagine it’s sort of like being in zero gravity. A feeling of weightlessness. I find myself wanting to get into it earlier and stay in it later! The Serta® Perfect Sleeper is designed to be so comfortable, you’ll never have to count sheep again! I just chuckle to myself whenever I see the commercial now, like “Yes, that’s me!!” Bye bye, sheep!

With the introduction of Custom Support® Individual Advantage coils in select models and the new Perfect Sleeper Memory Foam line, Serta® has made some of the most luxury options in mattresses super affordable ($399 – $1,299 standard queen set suggested retail pricing). If you’re the type that likes to raise your head or feet, Serta® does offer that option as well. We didn’t go that route, and the flat foundation is perfect for us. But if you want an affordable choice for a memory foam mattress with an adjustable foundation, The Pivot™ model allows you to adjust the head of the mattress, and The Motion Essentials™ model allows you to adjust both the head and the foot of the mattress.

On my old bed, I would constantly move. Every position I laid in become uncomfortable in 10 minutes or less. I could never manage to sleep on my back like my chiropractor wanted me to. Every time I moved, it would wake up Mike. I definitely move much less now – or at least not as much that it’s waking me up. I can sleep on my back or side during part of the night, which helps with my back issues. The bed feels supportive no matter how you lay on it. Mike has said he wakes up less – whether that’s because he can’t feel me thrashing anymore or because I’m not thrashing anymore, I’m not sure…but it’s good news either way!

I am VERY sensitive to heat while sleeping, but the Cool Action™ Gel Memory Foam really keeps the temperature of the foam down (I know that can be a concern for foam mattresses).

Now I do a lot of Crossfit, so sometimes when I wake up it does still feel like I got hit by a truck. But what I have realized was that it seems that most of the pain was from lack of support in my old bed, because I’m waking up more limber and without back pain and stiffness now. The muscle soreness is another issue haha!

I am so thankful to have had this opportunity to better my sleep quality!

Visit Sponsors Site

No comments:

Post a Comment