Friday, September 4, 2015

Fall Is In The Air!

Calling all FALL lovers! Are you as excited as I am? A slight chill in the air, pumpkin everything, leggings and boots…

september

I can’t wait to get my hands on some mums and pumpkins and to decorate a bit – but remember, I did promise to create more minimally this year. I’ll be digging through my stash first to see what I can reuse and re-purpose this season. I also want to share my summer-fall transitional capsule wardrobe, which will be in the works soon! Meanwhile, I wanted to showcase some awesome simple DIYs for this year’s fall must-haves from around the web.

Bring the outdoors in with brightly colored, gilded, or glittered leaves. I absolutely love this simple, but high impact idea from Happiness Is Homemade (great way to craft with your kids, too!)

I could totally see this done on a large scale too (like covering a whole wall in the dining room for Thanksgiving). Or, simply arrange some colorful branches in a vase like this (BHG)

or this (last year’s fall foyer):

Just behind the leaf in terms of crafting potential…feathers! Cut your own from paper or book pages, or purchase some at your local craft store. Add a fun twist with a color or metallic dip like this sweet gold dipped feather garland from Simple Stylings.

Skip the flowers and fill a vase with them like this fun arrangement from 52 Flea!

All things GOLD. If it’s not already gold, you can spray it, dip it, or dust it. I am obsessed with gold for fall, and I’ll definitely be busting out my gold dusted pine cones in this year’s decor.

Gold Pinecone Centerpiece

Pumpkins and gourds – stack ’em high in various colors for the quintessential fall topiary.

Miniature versions make a great addition to centerpieces, like this gorgeous arrangement from Something Is Done.

Texture filled wreaths are perfect for fall. One day, I will make a cotton wreath!! I absolutely love this project from The Hamby Home. So. Much. Fluff.

I love this rustic wreath shared by Confessions of a Serial DIYer too!

There you have it – my absolute favs to show your fall spirit. What are your favorite things about fall? Have you started decorating yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment